"If you don't know, now you know . . ."
There simply had to be a better way. The experience of buying underwear – from the pilgrimage to the department store, to the endless sea of ever-changing product – had to be fixed. A tattered mess of underwear and socks, and an ambitious goal to change the status quo, is why we created this brand.
Mack Weldon is about the fusion between old-school quality and modern day technology. During our brand creation, we discovered Weldon, an early 20th century undergarment and sleepwear company that stood for innovation in both marketing and product design - very similar to the brand we were creating. We embraced the name, flipped it a bit and made it ours.
10,000+ Hour Team
“A really great talent finds its happiness in execution” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Aside from having great taste, our Product Team has long standing relationships with the best textile mills and factories worldwide. This combination of talent and experience has enabled us to create some of the most innovative products on the market today. While we hope that you love our underwear as much as we do, we are confident that you don't have anything quite like it in your drawer.
Convenience is King
Our goal is to make the process of buying your essentials easy and convenient. First we want you to try (and love) our products, then we will make it easy for you to reorder and replenish. One less thing to worry about.
Our friend John...
Great fit starts with a clear vision on how a garment should rest on the body. And the right fit model helps create the difference between a good and great product. Enter John, the MW fit model and one of the top fit models in the industry. He can communicate to our designers precisely how a boxer brief should fit. A voice for every man.
Robotic warehousing for a start up? No doubt. They help get our products to you faster and more cost effective. Rather than people moving around the warehouse to find your underwear and T-shirts, the robots bring each item to a central area for packing and shipping. When we saw the Kiva Robots in action - we were sold immediately. Click here and see for yourself…Kiva In Action.
We come from consumer internet and apparel backgrounds. Mack Weldon was created to satisfy our own desire for a better product and consumer experience.
FOUNDER / CEO
Brian has served in leadership roles at several prominent consumer Internet companies including Excite, WebMD and Comcast Interactive Media. Mack Weldon is a product of his frustration buying socks and underwear - and his mission to do something about it.
CO-FOUNDER / HEAD OF PRODUCT & MERCHANDISING
Michael has served as a merchant and senior industry executive for some of the world’s leading apparel brands including Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Rocawear. His passion for design, quality and brand building is what drives his focus at Mack Weldon.
From our house to yours
Robotic warehousing for a start up? No doubt. They help get our products to you faster and more cost effective. Rather than people moving around the warehouse to find your underwear and T-shirts, the robots bring each item to a central area for packing and shipping. When we saw the Kiva Robots in action - we were sold immediately. See for yourself…
About the Company
Mack Weldon is reinventing men’s basics. We believe that men’s underwear, undershirts, t-shirts and socks need a serious upgrade, and we’re delivering it. Comments like “Mack Weldon is the iPhone of underwear” and making Business Insider’s short list of “New Yorks Next Big Startups” makes us think we’re on to something.
We launched in mid-2012 and have been gathering loyal followers. Our small team is led by digital and apparel pros with a track record of success. We are backed by a highly motivated group of professional and strategic investors.
We're looking for smart, ambitious people to join the team. Specifically (for now) in these roles:
Interested candidates for all roles should exhibit these qualities:
- Highly motivated, over achiever, team player, facilitator
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Direct, honest communication style
- Roll up sleeves type of approach
- Highest level of integrity
- An "Out of the Box" thinker who is both creative and innovative
- Propensity to succeed both personally and professionally
- Focused on achieving results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Must have a positive "can do, whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus results and execution
- Sense of humor (Seinfeld fans a plus)
If this describes you, please email a cover letter and resume email@example.com, with the relevant job title in the subject line.
Customer Service/Experience Manager
Every interaction with a customer is the most important part of our business. It's the the chance to turn fans into advocates and lifetime customers. As such, this role critically represents Mack Weldon to the most important pat of our business.
What we’re looking for:
- Patience, energy, enthusiasm, kindness, sincerity and adaptability
- The ability to problem solve and think on your feet, with analytical skills a big plus
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with Excel
- Ability to build rapport with people quickly and easily
- A “no task is too small” attitude and a positive, spirited outlook
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Essential sense of humor
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional customer service through phone, email and social media
- Strategize ways to improve our service, streamline our processes, and better serve our customers
- Conduct audits and effectively analyze data to better understand why our customers contact us
- Think creatively about ways in which we can improve each customer’s experience
- Master our internal management system in order to efficiently and effectively manage customer relationships
- Channel customer insights to all areas of the business such as technology, marketing, design and product teams
Commitment:We are looking for both full-time and part-time employees, including potential weekend availability.
Background and Experience: You are a college graduate who has continuously proven yourself academically and is eager to learn and grow with Mack Weldon. You have previously succeeded in a customer-centric and demanding environment.
Compensation and perks: We offer competitive start-up rates with access to a senior leadership team and, if appropriate, lots of underwear, socks and T’s.
Director/VP - Finance & Operations
Our Director/VP - Finance & Operations will be a key member of our growing team. You will report directly to the CEO and have a broad scope including all matters related to finance, business strategy and operations. If you are excited by the “nuts and bolts”, a data junkie and love using data to help drive business strategy, we should talk.
We’re a lean team so you need to be hands-on. Candidates should have at least 7-10 years of experience working directly for a consumer product brand in e-commerce or traditional retail. Time spent in management consulting, investment banking or private equity is cool too; we love “athletes” … but direct experience here is key. Responsibilities and additional experience include:
- Report to, work closely with CEO on all matters related to finance, strategy and operations
- Financial projections and business modeling
- Preparation of budgets in collaboration with key stakeholder (product, marketing, etc.)
- Management of accounting, monthly close and external bookkeeper
- Oversee payroll, AP/AR, expenses
- Inventory management, planning and forecasting; creation of management dashboards
- Tracking an optimization of key financial metrics e.g. revenue, return rates, discounts, partnership economics
- Manage promotional inventory
- Familiarity with leading ERP solutions and ability to source, evaluate and manage system migration
- Must be a fantastic multitasker – the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Should be comfortable with fluid and fast paced environment – job description captures core responsibilities but role will much more diverse given size of company
- Mastery of Excel and Quickbooks, knowledge of related ERP solutions, SQL, etc.
- Undergraduate degree is a requirement, MBA and/or CPA is a plus
Director, Merchandise Planning & Operations
We’re a lean team so you need to be hands-on. Candidates should have at least 7 years of specific experience in merchandise planning, retail/ecommerce operations, with strong exposure to digital. We love data junkies and expert analytical skills are a requirement. Responsibilities and additional experience include:
- Develop and maintain sales, inventory and margin plans that tie to financial and merchandising goals
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual plans - sales, gross margin and inventory by class
- Develop merchandising strategies for the season to support product assortment and buying requirements.
- Support new product introductions based on sales goals.
- Model and plan inventory positions along with monthly sales goals by product/style/color
- Track markdowns/discounting and impact to sales/margin
- Model product trends to inform future buys.
- Work with marketing to align campaigns with deliveries, ROI
- Set and maintain core / fashion calendar
- Manage onsite photos for existing/new products
- Create and manage line plans
- Manage purchase order process including issuing, reconciliation, coordination with finance, etc.
- Maintain WIPs and delivery flow trackers
- Develop work flow from order placement thru order entry (UPC creation, purchase order input)
- Manage and maintain raw material commitments
- Present weekly sales trend analysis
- Provide fiscal control (protect margins - pricing- manage air sea , pricing, market analysis of pricing).
- Email campaign analysis and list pulls
- Compile product trends, repeat rates by product
- Analyze customer purchase behavior (who buys what when, overall and per CRM campaign)
- Product sales based on site changes