"If you don't know, now you know . . ."
There simply had to be a better way. The experience of buying underwear – from the pilgrimage to the department store, to the endless sea of ever-changing product – had to be fixed. A tattered mess of underwear and socks, and an ambitious goal to change the status quo, is why we created this brand.
Mack Weldon is about the fusion between old-school quality and modern day technology. During our brand creation, we discovered Weldon, an early 20th century undergarment and sleepwear company that stood for innovation in both marketing and product design - very similar to the brand we were creating. We embraced the name, flipped it a bit and made it ours.
10,000+ Hour Team
“A really great talent finds its happiness in execution” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Aside from having great taste, our Product Team has long standing relationships with the best textile mills and factories worldwide. This combination of talent and experience has enabled us to create some of the most innovative products on the market today. While we hope that you love our underwear as much as we do, we are confident that you don't have anything quite like it in your drawer.
Convenience is King
Our goal is to make the process of buying your essentials easy and convenient. First we want you to try (and love) our products, then we will make it easy for you to reorder and replenish. One less thing to worry about.
Our friend John...
Great fit starts with a clear vision on how a garment should rest on the body. And the right fit model helps create the difference between a good and great product. Enter John, the MW fit model and one of the top fit models in the industry. He can communicate to our designers precisely how a boxer brief should fit. A voice for every man.
Robotic warehousing for a start up? No doubt. They help get our products to you faster and more cost effective. Rather than people moving around the warehouse to find your underwear and T-shirts, the robots bring each item to a central area for packing and shipping. When we saw the Kiva Robots in action - we were sold immediately. Click here and see for yourself…Kiva In Action.
We come from consumer internet and apparel backgrounds. Mack Weldon was created to satisfy our own desire for a better product and consumer experience.
FOUNDER / CEO
Brian has served in leadership roles at several prominent consumer Internet companies including Excite, WebMD and Comcast Interactive Media. Mack Weldon is a product of his frustration buying socks and underwear - and his mission to do something about it.
CO-FOUNDER / HEAD OF PRODUCT & MERCHANDISING
Michael has served as a merchant and senior industry executive for some of the world’s leading apparel brands including Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Rocawear. His passion for design, quality and brand building is what drives his focus at Mack Weldon.
From our house to yours
Robotic warehousing for a start up? No doubt. They help get our products to you faster and more cost effective. Rather than people moving around the warehouse to find your underwear and T-shirts, the robots bring each item to a central area for packing and shipping. When we saw the Kiva Robots in action - we were sold immediately. See for yourself…
About the Company
Mack Weldon is reinventing men’s basics. We believe that men’s underwear, undershirts, t-shirts and socks need a serious upgrade, and we’re delivering it. Comments like “Mack Weldon is the iPhone of underwear” and making Business Insider’s short list of “New Yorks Next Big Startups” makes us think we’re on to something.
We launched in mid-2012 and have been gathering loyal followers. Our small team is led by digital and apparel pros with a track record of success. We are backed by a highly motivated group of professional and strategic investors.
We're looking for smart, ambitious people to join the team. Specifically (for now) in these roles:
Interested candidates for all roles should exhibit these qualities:
- Highly motivated, over achiever, team player, facilitator
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Direct, honest communication style
- Roll up sleeves type of approach
- Highest level of integrity
- An "Out of the Box" thinker who is both creative and innovative
- Propensity to succeed both personally and professionally
- Focused on achieving results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Must have a positive "can do, whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus results and execution
- Sense of humor (Seinfeld fans a plus)
If this describes you, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the relevant job title in the subject line. (Engineering candidates please send to email@example.com)
This is a highly creative role that requires an ability to think and plan strategically, while operating in a very hands-on manner. You will drive all key areas of brand marketing including: PR, Brand, Events, Social, Content and partner closely with our creative team. We are looking to engage both new and existing customers with well-coordinated campaigns across all major touch points. In addition, you will help craft and evolve our brand story. Candidates should have experience managing real world marketing (press events, guerilla marketing) and corporate communications (press, blogger relations, industry/trade).
- Report to CEO, work closely with founders, oversee all brand initiatives
- Lead cross-functional brand marketing programs involving creative, PR, content, social, events and partnerships
- Evolve brand guidelines and voice; maintain brand book
- Lead strategic planning around key brand initiatives (social responsibility, retail partnerships and collaborations)
- Create pitches for PR outreach including key talking points; manage agency
- Support new product launches and introductions
Qualifications: Candidates should have at least 5-7 years of experience working directly for a consumer/fashion brand with an emphasis on digital.
- Experience crafting and communicating brand stories (consumer, press)
- Excellent writing skills and ability to oversee all copywriting
- Manage brand marketing budget – proven ability to deliver high ROI
- Ability to lead, hire and manage a small team (3+ people)
- Sense of humor, self-starter, etc.
Commitment:We are looking for both full-time and part-time employees, including potential weekend availability.
Background and Experience: Positive, high-energy individual that possesses a “no task is too small” attitude
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and take initiative
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the company
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Google e-mail/calendar/doc skills
- Have a 4-year college degree
Compensation and perks: We offer competitive start-up rates with access to a senior leadership team and, if appropriate, lots of underwear, socks and T’s.
We are looking for a digital-savvy Graphic Designer that will help drive content creation and digital marketing efforts. This includes: creative development for email marketing, Facebook and Google ad campaigns – along with marketing collateral and creative assets in line with the Mack Weldon brand identity. This individual will work collaboratively with our outside creative agency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design banner ads (interactive/static/animated), HTML emails, social posts & print media across all channels.
- Assist in the planning, execution and post-production of in-house photo shoots.
- Independently and consistently execute original, on-brand collateral from concept through to completion in a timely manner.
- Communicate creative ideas and design direction in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Work under tight deadlines and respond positively to feedback (we need a team player!).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 2-3 years industry experience in digital graphic design
- Current portfolio of self-created work
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with GIFs and video editing a plus
- Familiarity with HTML & HTML5/CSS preferred but not required